Mamaste Nutrition philosophy
At Mamaste Nutrition we empower women to confidently nourish themselves with real food and self care for a healthy pregnancy.
After working with children from infancy through young adulthood for over 5 years, Jamie took notice to the importance of a mother’s nutrition and mindset before, during, and after pregnancy. As she and her husband began planning to start a family of their own, she found very few resources and a lot of conflicting information when it came to nutrition and yoga in prenatal health. Soon after, while navigating pregnancy as the world shut down, she felt all alone as it was difficult to connect with other women in the virtual space.
She thought: As moms and moms-to-be we deserve better!
Which is why Jamie started Mamaste Nutrition as a space to:
– Support women in their pregnancy journey with easy-access to online nutrition & yoga resources
– Educate moms and mamas-to-be on evidence-based nutrition information for a healthy pregnancy
– Connect women with one another through a community of those navigating motherhood together
Hi there mamas, I am so glad you are here! I’m Jamie, and that big smile on my face just so happened to be captured the same day my husband and I found out we were expecting a little (little) one on the way!
After losing my mom to cancer at a young age, my entire focus shifted to a wholistic approach to overall health. From that point I have made it a goal to empower myself and other women to nourish their bodies and minds so we can be our best selves for our friends and family.
Soon after my prenatal yoga teacher training my husband and I found out we were expecting, and it was throughout my own personal pregnancy and birth journey that I was able to experience the benefits of yoga for labor and delivery first hand.
As a new mom, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and Certified Prenatal Yoga Instructor I am passionate about helping moms and moms-to-be gain a clearer understanding of the relationship between nutrition, stress reduction, and a healthy pregnancy.
Jamie Adams, MS, RD, LDN, RYT 200, CPYT is a Master’s-level trained Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist specializing in maternal, infant and child nutrition; a 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher and Certified Prenatal Yoga Instructor. In her Baltimore based private practice, Jamie provides comprehensive online nutrition counseling and support that empowers women to confidently nourish themselves and their families throughout their motherhood journey.
Education and Credentials
- Master of Science (MS) in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetic Internship; Rush University Medical Center
- Bachelor of Science (BS) & Health Promotion Specialization; Michigan State University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN); Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN); State of Maryland
- Certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher, Charm City Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Intensive, YogaWorks
- RYT200; Yoga Alliance
- Yoga Sculpt Intensive; Corepower Yoga
- 200 Hour PYTT; Corepower Yoga
ready to take the first steps to a healthy pregnancy?
Check out our shop for easy access to online nutrition eBooks, webinars, pre-recorded yoga classes and more!